Monday, May 10, 2010

Self image...

  So as of lately I have gotten in this really bad habit of not doing so well with the whole seeing myself as some others may see me. So as of today i have taken a challenge from one of my uncles to find one picture of me that i like and say at least on thing about it that i like, *note i do not have to post all of them...* A few years back i went to a camp with my ward. The theme of the camp was *FBI* Finding the beauty inside. As i have grown and let the lessons of that camp fade into my memory, I have forgotten to take what i learned seriously. I learned things at camp like no one person is the same, no one is a better you then .. you! although the theme was finding beauty INSIDE, they also focused on the outside apperance. This has been a struggle for me for many years. I have been skinny, i was a skinny kid, as far was 5th grade, then i started to put on weight like it was going out of style. pound after pound kept creeping its way on to me and around 8th grade i started to get into some really bad habits, I hated myself, the way i look, act, dressed.. it was all embarassing to me. depressing, I was one of the kids who would laugh at the jokes at school and come home and cry in my room for hours because of how i felt.  Lucky for me i had two absolutely amazing friends who saw right through that and loved me anyway. ... To this day i don't know why they love me but for some reason or another they do. both have been in my life for at least 8 years now and have reminded me among others now. that i am important and that it doesnt matter what i think of myself they love me they care about me. as a friend often tells me "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"  Well The reason i tell you this pathetic little story is because for the first time today it was brought to my attention that one of my friends that has been there for me through thick and thin, whom i have been jealous of her looks since i met her, felt the exact same  way i do. I have always thought of her as one of the most beautiful people i  know. and here she was thinking that she was not pretty enough, ... WHAT?!?!?!  I would have never guessed.  I dont know what to say/do now because all these years i have been jealous of her she has had the same feeling toward me. So i guess it is all to say that its true, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. and maybe one of these days i will see what my friends/family see in me. but most of all i may see one of these days myself as God himself sees me.
P.S.
I like this picture 1 cause i was wearing a beautiful purple dress, and two i almost look skinny in it and last but not least i was hiding a water balloon behind my back and threw it at my sister after she put the camera down. YAY

No comments: