Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is a special time of year. It has a lot of happy and sad memories for me.
Since it is usually a happy day for all I will share the happy things I like about this holiday.
here is my top 20 things i love about Thanksgiving.


1. I love to be with my moms side of the family. *we counted today and there are 45 of us.*

2. I am the second oldest of my cousins on that side and its fun to watch them grow from year to year.

3. TURKEY!!! SNEECHERS! lol this is an inside joke with my cuz Hailey.

4. We do a service project every thanksgiving. this year it was writing missionaries. lol i have gotten really good at that!

5. all the other yummy food that is made. salads, rolls, stuffing, etc yum!

6. Sledding or Playing at the park, Depending on the snow fall of the year, this year we had snow so we went sledding!

7. Singing with the fam, more or less i just listen, I am not musically inclined. but i have amazing singers and musicans in my family.

8. Thinking of things that I am grateful for, friends, family, place I live, Utah, its a beautiful place! I LOVE IT!

9. The smell of the food, and my grandma's house.

10. Thinking of all the blessings that have happened in the year. for example, my cousin hannah is very sick but pulled through yet again when odds were against her. My uncle was very sick as well but is getting better.

11. All the crazy new memories made, like this year, My uncle tackled my cousin off the sled while he was going down the hill, very funny! also my aunt and uncle are here for the holidays and are not usually so it is fun new memories with them.

12. Christmas music is not so strange to listen to on Thanksgiving. and after too.

13. Games that are played while the kids are done eating and the grown-ups just start.  todays favorite was UNO ATTACK! and see how many grandkids we can fit under the coffee table. lol was pretty fun.

14. The fact that usually my immediate family gets along.

15. New traditions start, like my nephew sleeps over here the night before Thanksgiving Day.

16. Talking to friends about how their Thanksgiving went.

17. People are normally more thoughtfull of each other around the holidays, *EXCEPT BLACK FRIDAY!!!!*

18. Looking at the ads for Black Friday while watching the Macy's Parade

19. Listening to my Aunts' talk about going shopping the next day. lol it gets pretty funny, they have different stratigies.

20. I LOVE TO BE  WITH MY FAMILY!!! CAUSE I LOVE UM!

No comments: